Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A Tasty Treat For You

Pin It
Hey y'all. Happy Wednesday! I hope you're having a great week!

Just wanted to share a recipe with you real quick. Do you "Pin"? I do. One of the things I love to Pin  is yummy things to eat. Even better if they're yummy and healthy or at least a healthier version. I saw some cupcakes on there the other day that I just had to try. Now I know that not everything on Pinterest comes out like they say it will, but on the off chance that this would work, I had to try.

Here's what I made-

Vanilla Funfetti Cupcakes 2 W.W. Points+
Yum! I wish I had some more. They were so good. They almost flew out of my Cupcake Carrier and no-one could believe they were only 2 W.W. Points + points.

Here's the original Pin-


I'm not sure how they got their frosting to look so white, because mine was definitely more yellow in color, but Ooooohhhh were they delish!

You can tell I'm not a food blogger, because there is invariably something I forget to take a picture of. This time it's of all the ingredients and of the frosting. *SMH* Sorry. I normally blog cards. :)

This is so simple and takes a whopping 4 ingredients. Yep, I said 4. So make sure you run by the store tonight on your way home and you'll have yummy cupcakes in no time that you won't even feel bad about eating.

Here's what you need- 1 Package of Funfetti Cake Mix, (just the mix not all the other stuff it says you need), 1- 12 oz can of Sprite Zero, 1 tub of Fat Free Cool-Whip ( I used the generic brand because it was on sale) and 1 Package Fat Free/Sugar Free Vanilla Instant Pudding. That's it. You're probably pretty skeptical right about now. I know I was, but I figured the worst that could happen was I'd be out a few bucks so why not try.
Now I had seen plenty of other posts with soda cakes and the like but even though they were on sites like Cookies and Cups (which I totally love) I just hadn't been in need of one of these when I saw it so it kinda got pushed tot he back of my mind.

Here's what you do- 
1- Preheat your oven and get busy mixing.
2- Mix your Sprite into your cake mix. *Tip* Use a spoon or hand mixer not a wire whisk. Ask me how I know. At first your batter will be very lumpy (it will clump up in your whisk). Just continue to add the Sprite in slowly while mixing and have a little faith. Eventually you will get a nice smooth batter-

I tried not to taste too much, but since it didn't have any raw eggs in it I didn't feel too bad about licking the bowl. :)
 


Next scoop into your lined cupcake tin-


Bake according to the directions. I don't remember exactly but I think it was about 18-20 minutes.

While your tasty little morsels are rising up all fluffy-like, mix your frosting. To do this mix your pudding mix and whipped topping together. I used my hand mixer for this. *Tip* let your topping thaw slightly. It will mix much easier if it's not frozen when you try this.

Once your cupcakes are cool, frost them with your frosting and enjoy. *Tip* Have faith in the frosting. I wasn't convinced it wouldn't run off my cupcakes during the night because of the whipped topping so I didn't frost all of them until the next morning. The frosting had "set-up" by that time and was difficult to spread. It still tasted good, but they didn't look as good as the one I frosted right after I made them to photograph. Next time I will definitely frost them all as soon as the cupcakes have cooled.


 I think next time I try these I'm going to make them with Diet Sunkist (orange). I think they'll be cool for Halloween and I bet they'll taste great too!

I hope you'll give these a try. I know you're going to love them. They came out like and fluffy and super moist. I liked them better than the regular funfetti cupcakes.

Till next time-


Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment