Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Weekly Weigh in

Pin It
Hey y'all. It's Tuesday and for me that means another week has passed and it's time for an update. Before I do that though I just want to say my thoughts and prayers are with everyone dealing with Hurricane Isaac.

This has been a tough week for me. After getting new shoes and running in them last week for a total of 2 hours I am barely able to walk. I went back to the running store I bought them at and was re-fitted and given a new pair, but the most I have been able to walk was 11 minutes today and I'm paying for that now. My arches hurt so bad, the entire arch from the ball of my foot to the front of my heel pad, that if I had the money I would actually go to my Orthopod and request Cortisone Shots in both arches. I don't know if you've ever had cortisone shots before but they hurt bad enough when it's just in a joint, but when it's in a spot where there's simply no space for the fluid they're injecting it's absolutely excruciating and I have a high pain tolerance. I once had Cortisone shots in both heel pads a week before going to Disney so my bone spurs wouldn't bother me as much. I spent almost the whole weekend with my feet up. I didn't even go down in to the studio to stamp. You know I'm hurting when I don't want to take a flight of steps down to stamp. :(
I have a Medrol Dose Pack (steroid pack) at home that I'm going to try. I meant to start them last night and forgot till it was too late. I wouldn't have slept a wink if I'd taken them when I finally thought about them. It's been a full week now without exercise and it's making me nutz on top of the pain.

At any rate I was hoping to be down more this week and was hoping to hit 20 by this coming Sunday (3 months), but that isn't going to happen now. :'(

Here's this week's numbers-



As you can see, only 19 exercise points but at least I didn't use any of my extra points. I'm going to have to be extra careful with those the next few weeks.

Here's the tale of the scale- (Ha! I'm a poet and didn't know it! LOL)


Down another 1.2 for a total of 16.8. Now if I could just get some exercise in.

That's all I have for you today. I hope you'll come back tomorrow. I've got a new Mid-Week Inspiration for you.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to stop by my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-


Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment