Thursday, July 26, 2012

Mind Games

Pin It
Hey y'all. I hope you're having a great week. Just one more day until the weekend. Woo-Hoo!

Do you ever wonder if others are thinking/doing the same thing as you? Do you ever play mind games/bargaining games with yourself? I do. In fact I was doing this earlier today during my run.

It started by me looking down at the timer on my I-pod and thinking "Just 30 more minutes... You can do 30 more minutes. Heck if you just do 15 more then there's only 15 left after that, and that's nothing!" Do you ever do this? I've said this before, I hate running. No, really I do. I have NEVER got that "Runner's High" so many people talk about. Just never happened for me. I fear it never will. When I started running again, I started with the C2-5K method of running 60 seconds and then walking for 90 more. Back and forth, back and forth. Ugh so monotonous! Then I started with the whole "Just 30 minutes" Then as I went to 60 minute runs I broke it down to the number of songs it would take to complete that amount of time. 30 minutes seems long enough, but 60 just seems soooo long. :( But, if I broke it down to songs well that was only about 16 songs...less if they were live concert tracks. Totally doable. 16 songs, that's nothing.

I do the same thing with working out. If  just get up, well that is half the battle right? Anyways, if I just get up and do 30 minutes, well 30 minutes more isn't that bad. Oh, 15 gone...I can def do another 15. Although I know in my mind it's the same amount of time...somehow breaking it up like that makes it seem so much easier. Dontcha think?

That being said, I'm going to go run for 15 more minutes. :) See ya soon.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to visit my little corner of the world. You are very appreciated! Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass, but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
ShanPin It

No comments:

Post a Comment