Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Musings

Pin It
Hey y'all. Hope you had a good weekend. Thought I'd try something new here today, we'll see how it goes. At any rate, I'll be back tomorrow with the weekly weigh-in update. :)

Here we go- (Wow! All these musings going on in my head waiting to jump out onto the screen until I actually sit down. >(  Guess I should start writing them down as they come to me. LOL

1- Went into my local Safeway Tuesday night and saw this-

What in the World?!?
Now, it's a shame I didn't have this sooner to send to send in to Cakewrecks, because this is definitely a Wreck! What in the world do those Albino Poo-piles have to do with Independence Day? And, yes, that does say $12.99 for a "Patriotic cake". Since when do sprinkles and pale-poo-piles = Patriotic? *SMH*

2- I went to see Abraham Lincoln -Vampire Hunter on the 4th. Ok, so I didn't really go to see it. I went to see Brave, but despite the heat wave (or maybe because of it) the mall was packed and the movie was sold out. :( Now I don't go to the movies a lot since they pretty much rob you blind and I figure it's going to be out on HBO or Red-Box soon enough, but I was already out, so I figured "Why Not?" Why?, was probably the better question. The good news is I only spent $6.00, the bad new is I'll never get that hour and a half back. I don't know that it was bad, but it wasn't good either. I'm not used to leaving a movie and feeling ambivilant. It was intense. I liked how they wove his childhood and the story of his child into it though. I usually rate movies on whether I would pay full-price for it and this one definitely didn't make that cut.

3- I enjoyed a fabulous afternoon with friends on the fourth, before starting to feel bad and heading home early. :( Yep, I was in bed by 7:30. Sad but true. Next!

4- I made this-


 Strawberry Cream Cheese filled Angelfood Cake for the cook-out and it was devoured, I mean gone, almost as soon as it was cut. I have step by step instructions and pictures on the post before this one. You can scroll down when you're through here.

5- I entered the cake in a couple of Linky-Party's here and here, met some new blog-friends and got featured over at Sweet Bella Roos. It was the most viewed. How cool is that!?! Sooo Cool!

6- Saw Brave, Saturday morning. So cute. Def passed the would I pay full-price test. Of course some of that could be the fact that it's main character is a Sassy, Independent, Red-Head with Curls galore. Ummm-Pixar may just be owing me some royalties. Well, Disney may have given us a red-headed princess in Ariel (whom I love btw) but she is sooo sweet I gain a few pounds just watching her on the screen. Not so with Princess Merida. Whoo, that one's trouble with a capital "T"!

7-I am the "Master of Self Control", most of the time anyways. Saturday morning while I was waiting on my movie to start I strolled around the mall, including two of my favorite stores- Victoria's Secret and the Coach Outlet. I even managed to not purchase anything. Pretty impressive right!?! Especially since I had a coupon for an additional 30% off at Coach. I walked around for about 20 minutes with the cutest little wristlet, just big enough for my cell, i.d. and a little cash and put it back cuz I wasn't sure how often I'd use it. Can't exactly put my 45 in it! So I left without it, feeling pretty proud of my will-power and the next morning I could have used it when I ran my errands. What's a girl to do!?!?!?!

8- I had this last night-



Why yes, that is a BK Bacon Sundae. O...M...G... I can't even tell you how good it was even though it was a little melty after only a five minute ride in a.c. It should simply not be that hot at 8:30 at night!!! It was so worth the points (all 14 of them). Sadly it really is 510 calories, 75grams of carbs and 18grams of fat. Definitely not an everyday indulgence, but it was pretty darn yummy. I highly recommend sharing it and the points with a friend or loved one

9- I puppy-sat last night for my friend Sharon. I stayed at her house so I could let her little fur-babies out last night and this morning before I left for work. Here's what I woke up to this morning-


Sorry it's a little dark. They were helping to hold the blanket down over my feet, isn't that nice? Bless their little hearts! If you're from the south, you'll get that. :)

10- The funnier thing, well it's funny now... not so much so last night, is this.  Do you remember when hotel rooms had the little box attached to the beds and for a few quarters you could get the "Magic Fingers" for a few minutes? Ok, so I'm "dating" my self. If you're a wee babe and don't know what I'm talking about, the whole bed would vibrate, no really, shake like crazy. Well that happened to me last night only it wasn't a hotel bed, it was the incredibly Huge sofa at my friends house. And it didn't cost me any money. What it did however cost me was sleep. You see, the bigger fur-baby, Stoney is afraid of storms. I mean like shivering uncontrollably scared. And between the lightning and accompanying thunder as well as the rain, well lets just say he was not happy. I guess I should be thankful he didn't whine during it all. Well he decided he needed to be snuggling, you know because there's no better place than right under my arm tucked up next to my ribcage. He was inconsolable. Poor baby. He literally shook so hard I couldn't sleep. Augh!!! And how was I supposed to make him get down? I eventually got him to go lay across my feet where at least  he didn't vibrate my whole body. He just drooled on my feet instead. Eeeewwww!

11- Oh yeah, I cooked up some new recipes yesterday. Yum! I'll get them posted here soon and will put the links here for those of you that arrive here later.

That's all I have for you today. Thanks so much for stopping by. I hope you have a great day and just maybe that I've made you smile. I'll be back tomorrow with my weekly weigh-in and update. Hope to see you back then. Till next time-

Remember- Life is often more about the storms than the peace they seek to overwhelm. It's not about Waiting for the storms to pass but Learning to Dance in the rain.

Be Safe,
Shan



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment